Dr. Bruce McLucas editor for new book on radiological interventions
- Created: October 13, 2014
- by: admin
This book provides a state-of-the-art review of the technical and clinical aspects of the vascular interventional radiological (IR) procedures currently employed in obstetrics and gynaecology. A particular focus is on uterine artery embolisation for fibroid disease, which is contrasted with the main alternative uterus-conserving surgical approach of myomectomy, and with ablation therapy. Detailed consideration is also given to the role of embolisation in a variety of other less common conditions, including arteriovenous malformations, post-partum haemorrhage, abnormal placentation and pelvic congestion syndrome. IR procedures are examined from a critical gynaecological perspective and with regard to surgical alternatives. The authors include leading interventional radiologists and gynaecologists from the United Kingdom, Europe and North America.
- State-of-the-art review of the technical and practical aspects of the vascular interventional radiological procedures employed in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Compares and contrasts fibroid embolisation with myomectomy
- Examines the role of embolisation in a variety of other conditions
- Written by leading interventional radiologists and gynaecologists from the United Kingdom, Europe and North America